One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Brrrr -- It'sGetting Cold Here

No, I don't live in the southern hemisphere.  I've been going through my room set up and organization (I post about here on the blog on Thursdays) and have realized that I have WAY TOO MUCH stuff.  So, if you have a lot of things, what do you do?  You go into the freezer!! Brrr!

Treyaut was the first one to use that term that I remember (old 2 peas). She is now over at scrapbook.com  And there is a facebook group all about being on a spending freeze until X # of layouts are created. You choose the number, but typically people were choosing 50, but many also do not count their monthly kit clubs.

Since I've created 30 layouts in the last month and a half, I realized that I need to go on a spending freeze, but that before I did I needed a couple of things. You know, one final hurrah before my self inflicted sentence.

During the last couple of weeks, I finally brought out that laminator and foil from early 2015. I needed more foil! Not wanted, NEEDED!  Have you foiled anything???  If you have, you know. It's addictive. I can't wait to do it again. Thus this order from Amazon:
Aren't they pretty!!!???!!!



Another thing I found lacking in my stash were certain sizes of scallop and circle punches. I decided to purchase one in each of the missing sizes and wait for the others. My ATG tape was down to my last 3 rolls, so I bought a set of 24.  They only sent me 12, so I hope to get that corrected. My kid gel crayons which are similar to gelatos were running out. OK, they were really the kids gel crayons that I put into my stash, but in all fairness my daughter has full access to all of my supplies and uses them more than I do.  So I bought the brights and pastels of the gelatos.  M's carries them and you can use a coupon.  Since I was at M's I picked up a Hop to It clearance wood veneer, a set of labels, and a My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad.





Kelly over at 2peas refugee's talk about a Blitzy order recently. So I checked out Blitzy and their awesome deals. I had realized during my last layout binge that my washi doesn't seem as diverse as it should be. So I ended up with 4 tubes of Create 365. The Jen Hadfield ephemera pack and black and white sequins were too good to pass up. The label dies would definitely fill a void in my collection. I use a lot of labels. To finish off the order, some Maya Roads butterflies that weren't needed at all, but they are butterflies, therefore justified in my mind.

I've been collecting the Shimelle Starshine line in bits and pieces and have a few of Crate Papers Hello Love as well. When Scrapbook.com notified me that the starshine ephemera pack was in, I had to order. Since I was ordering, I picked up a sticker set for Hello Love, Shimelle Christmas magic papers and white cardstock and tinsel bows for those Christmas layouts I'm finally going to tackle. Then I added in a Prima Creating In Faith stamp set for Bible Art Journaling, which I do in an art journal and not a Bible.


Shopping is finished. Now on to creating. Creating like a fool.  Creating to make a real dent in this stash. To get to the ultimate goal, to buy more supplies! Because that's happiness.

Wishing you all much crafting happiness today!



3 comments:

  1. what fun, I have not tried the foiling and will do my best to stay away, but they are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, there's a few treats I would love. Now we must see lots of wonderful creations. Enjoy your new supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lots of fun goodies! Look forward to seeing how you use them.

    ReplyDelete