One of my favorite things to do is to combine challenges and see where it takes me on my layout.
This week I started with Use Your Stuff's Challenge #261 to use circles. Then I saw Scrap Our Stash's Sketch Challenge where you add an element that starts with every letter in the word FLOWER. Finally, I decided to also use the 2peasrefugee board's April Stash Challenge, which suggests using -a chevron pattern, at least 2 different alphas, ribbon/twine, something metallic, something from your last purchase, and to use your punches.
This is the sketch which has circles on it.
I kept fairly close to the sketch. This is what I came up with
Use Your Stuff: The half-circles out of stars still gives the allusion of a full circle and I love it. Other circles include the red pattern paper and the flair which says "ugh" from Feed Your Craft. That flair is perfect on top of that photo where the pup is on my son's head.
Scrap Your Stash:
L: letters, layers
O: orange, overlay
W: wood veneer, word stickers
E: enamel dots
2PeasRefugee's Stash Challenge:
- a chevron pattern, USED pattern paper
- at least 2 different alphas, USED
- ribbon/twine, SUBSTITUTED Stamps
- something metallic, USED (heidi swapp color shine splatters)
- something from your last purchase, USED (recently reordered more of those stars as I was running low. I LOVE those things and use them all the time. I wish the had symmetrical hearts the same way.)
- to use your punches SUBSTITUTED word stickers.
3 challenges, 1 layout. I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys combining challenges.